The SSMO will launch the Swiss Patient Access Program (SPAP) in 2023, as a follow-up project to the SPAP pilot (see below). SPAP aims to:
- Avoid/reduce cases of hardship in processing Art. 71 a-d KVV applications
- Offer a solution for hardship cases with the involvement of medical experts
- Create evidence for the expert decision using a checklist for standardised assessment
- Estimate patient benefits based on routinely collected health data
- The findings of SPAP are to be incorporated into the OLU tool
To the SPAP Pilot: The SSMO launched the Switzerland-wide SPAP pilot project in collaboration with industry partners for an initial pilot phase from April 2019 – December 2022, with the aim of quickly providing all cancer patients with equal access to medically indicated treatments. In a joint dialogue with all stakeholders in the Swiss healthcare system, long-term solutions are to be developed to improve individual case remuneration in accordance with Art. 71a-d KVV.